If you can prove your marriage was not valid or defective you can apply to annul your marriage. Unlike divorce, the applicant can file for annulment any time after the wedding ceremony. Some individuals may prefer to annul the marriage due to their religious beliefs. If the marriage is ‘void’ the applicant will need to prove that their spouse was already married or in a civil partnership before they married; if one of the spouses was under 16 at the time of marriage or if you are closely related. You can also annul your marriage if it is ‘voidable’ by providing evidence that:

  • The marriage wasn’t consummated
  • You didn’t properly consent to the marriage
  • The woman was pregnant by another man when you got married
  • The spouse had a sexually transmitted disease (STD) when you got married

The next step in this process is to apply for a nullity petition and send copies to your nearest divorce court.  After you have response from your spouse and they agree to the annulment you should apply for your decree nisi and provide a statement confirming that the marriage was either ‘void’ or ‘voidable’. You can then apply for a decree absolute after six weeks of obtaining your decree nisi. If the court does not see any reasons why the marriage can’t be annulled, they will send you a decree of nullity to prove the end of the marriage. Call one of our legal representatives in family law today to receive trusted legal advice and support on 020 3376 1888.

Get through your legal matter with the help of a payment plan – and get on with life.  

We provide payment plans to cover your legal costs, so you can get the legal support you require – without the need for large up front payments.

Your legal process can involve negotiation, litigation or alternative dispute resolution (such as arbitration or mediation).

We will connect you with a lawyer who specialises in family law matters and who is right for your individual circumstances.  If you have already appointed a lawyer, we can still offer you a payment plan solution and will make all the necessary arrangements with your lawyer on your behalf.

Start Now

Start Now

Start your payment plan now. It will take less than two minutes to complete the form.

Start Now


Please enter your details below to sign up to our newsletter.

How can we help?


Legal Advice

Case management

Our mission is to make your life easier by servicing your loans for legal fees through convenient and affordable payment plans. Not sure what LawPlan suits you best? We have built a questionnaire for you to find out.

Read more about our payment plans here

Need a lawyer? We offer top solicitors and barristers, and actually take our time to ensure you have the right legal representation for your specific case.

Click here for free advice and assistance

We have a team of dedicated case managers who will guide you through your legal journey and ensure you’re not wasting money on legal costs and making the right strategic decisions.

Click here to get in touch or call 020 3376 1888

Which plan is for you?

Whether you’re an individual or a business, we have a plan that’s right for your specific requirements and circumstances


  • If you have limited access to funds, this plan may be for you.
  • Unsecured financing, in both contentious and non-contentious cases.
  • Cost-neutral payment plans available with no interest payable for the first 12 months.


  • If you simply prefer to spread your costs by instalments.
  • Secured and unsecured financing options.
  • Available for individuals and businesses with contentious and non-contentious legal matters.


  • If you have assets, but have limited access to funds.
  • Innovative financing alternative enabling you to pay at the end of your legal matter.
  • Proceed confidently and affordably without giving up large portions of your settlement.

Request a call back

To discuss your legal matter and our ‘payment plans’ for legal costs, please contact us now on 020 3376 1888, or request a time for us to call you back.

Type of Legal Matter

Best time to contact you?