To file for legal separation you can use the same grounds as you can for divorce proceedings, for example, unreasonable behaviour or adultery. However, the couple do not need to provide evidence showing that the marriage or civil partnership has broken down irretrievably.

You may want a legal separation if:

  • You’ve been married less than a year and can’t file for divorce
  • You’re against divorce due to religious beliefs
  • You want time and space to decide if you want to end the marriage or civil partnership

Couples who are seeking legal separation will need to file a judicial separation petition and send a copy to your nearest divorce court. If you need any advice to help you prepare for a marriage or civil partnership separation or to make child arrangements, call one of our legal consultants today. They will also discuss the various payment solution available to you so that legal costs don’t stand in the way of you getting the result you want. Contact us now on 020 3376 1888.

Get through your legal matter with the help of a payment plan – and get on with life.  

We provide payment plans to cover your legal costs, so you can get the legal support you require – without the need for large up front payments.

Your legal process can involve negotiation, litigation or alternative dispute resolution (such as arbitration or mediation).

We will connect you with a lawyer who specialises in family law matters and who is right for your individual circumstances.  If you have already appointed a lawyer, we can still offer you a payment plan solution and will make all the necessary arrangements with your lawyer on your behalf.

Start Now

Start Now

Start your payment plan now. It will take less than two minutes to complete the form.

Start Now


Please enter your details below to sign up to our newsletter.

How can we help?

[insert_php] get_template_part(‘legal-matter-tabs’); [/insert_php]


Request a call back

To discuss your legal matter and our ‘payment plans’ for legal costs, please contact us now on 020 3376 1888, or request a time for us to call you back.

Type of Legal Matter

Best time to contact you?