Careless driving is motoring offence that can also be known as ‘inconsiderate driving’ or ‘driving without due care and attention’. If you are currently facing this type of allegation the prosecution must prove that:
- The defendant fell below the standard expected of a competent driver
- That they did not show reasonable consideration for other pedestrians and vehicles on the road
Careless driving is a difficult motoring offence to prove, as there are many factors that can contribute to a motorist driving without care and attention. These factors are routinely assessed by the Magistrates Court and Crown Court and remain a hot topic for news reporters. Some of the main factors that can contribute to your careless driving offence include:
- Coming out of a side junction into the path of another vehicle
- Scraping another car in a car park
- A minor collision with another vehicle
- Allowing a satellite navigation system or map to divert your attention
- Carrying an unsafe load
- Middle lane lodging
- Allowing yourself to be distracted by eating or drinking when driving
- Evidence that amounts to other motoring offences, such as driving without; insurance or without a licence
- If the defendant is driving carelessly in a high-risk area, near a school, hospital or on busy roads
If you are unsure on whether you can contest a careless driving allegation, contact a solicitor who specialises in motoring offences. They can help you review the prosecution’s case and advise you on how to gather evidence and witness statements that can disprove the allegation. If you are wanting to plead not guilty, it may take more than one court hearing to resolve, and lead to legal costs you didn’t foresee. Contact one of specialised solicitors who have successful track records in motoring offences to help you throughout this process. We can also help you to set up a cost-effective payment plan that will make your legal costs more affordable. To find out more information about our services and payment solutions, call us today on 020 3376 1888.
Payment plans help you get through your legal problem, and get on with life.
We provide payment plans to cover your legal costs, so you can get the legal support you require – without the need for large up front payments.
We will connect you with a lawyer who specialises in traffic law and motoring offences and who is right for your individual circumstances. If you have already appointed a lawyer, we can still offer you a payment plan solution and will make all the necessary arrangements with your lawyer on your behalf.
How can we help?
We have a team of dedicated case managers who will guide you through your legal journey and ensure you’re not wasting money on legal costs and making the right strategic decisions.
Click here to get in touch or call 020 3376 1888